Create a kitchen you'll love cooking in
Amish-crafted custom kitchen cabinets in Silver Spring, MD
More Family Time
Are you tired of cooking in an outdated or inefficient kitchen?
- Are you frustrated with the lack of workspace you have?
- Is your kitchen too cramped to entertain in?
- Do you wish you had updated features to cook and work with?
- Does your kitchen feel unorganized?
- Is your kitchen dark and poorly lit?
- Are there unnecessary walls in your kitchen?
You deserve a kitchen that makes your cooking dreams come true!
What is possible when you remodel your kitchen?
Enjoy Robust Relationships
Dining with friends and family will never be more fun than when you can do it in your dream kitchen setup!
Revel In Your New Look
You’ll love hosting and showing your new kitchen cabinets – no more being worried about what other people are thinking of your home.
Love Cooking Again
When you have the space, tools, and kitchen features you need; you’ll love working with food and cooking in your home again!
By the numbers
76 percent of people surveyed in a Houzz trend study said they cooked at home five or more nights a week after their renovation
We are proud to put our name on over 50 kitchen remodeling projects over the years – and we’d love to make yours our next one!
Our promise to you is that you will be 100% satisfied with our craftsmanship and workmanship on your home project.
we feel your pain
Like you, we know how frustrating it can be to have a kitchen that is so poorly laid out that not only is it a pain to cook in (forget entertaining!), but you can’t figure out why you need to walk 10 feet away from the stove just to grab your spices! No more of that!
That’s why we’ll build you your dream custom kitchen in Silver Spring.
Still feels new - years later!
We build our kitchens to last for decades. With our woodworking skills and practices, you won’t need to worry about your bathroom cabinets falling apart or needing to be replaced.
We make custom kitchen cabinet design easy in Silver Spring:
Schedule an Estimate
Schedule an estimate so we can understand your goals for your new kitchen, get measurements, and talk about your dream space.
Customize your Kitchen
Together we’ll create a layout that works best for your kitchen then we’ll select the right particulars from wood species to colors and build your kitchen to spec.
Our team of kind and skilled Amish woodworkers will handcraft & install your kitchen while working hard to stay on an organized schedule that puts your needs first
What our clients say
1. We understand your home is precious. We’ll treat your home like ours – with respect and cleanliness.
2. We’ll stick to a disciplined schedule that works around your needs and gets your home back to normal as quickly as possible.
3. Your kitchen will be built to last and boost your home’s resale value.
4. We will work with you to help make your dream kitchen a reality with the customer service you deserve.
We don’t just create custom kitchen cabinets. View more of our custom wood services that we offer for the Silver Spring, MD, area:
Questions on our kitchen cabinet process?
Get your answers below!
There are several things we always want to address quickly when planning your kitchen cabinet layout:
- Where is your kitchen sink going to go?
- Where will your kitchen appliances be?
- What size and style appliances do you have (particularly the fridge and stove)?
- Where are your corner cabinets and what features do you want in them?
The answers to these four questions provide a good foundation for the rest of the kitchen design.
One of the first steps is being able to meet with you in person to discuss your dreams and goals for your new kitchen.
We also need to visit your home to get exact measurements for your new cabinets.
After the design is finalized, our team of Amish cabinet makers get to work making your dream kitchen come true. When the build is complete, our installation team then installs your new kitchen!
We encourage three standard features in every kitchen we design and build:
- Soft-close drawer slides and hinges
- Double waste can pull-out cabinets
- Utensil dividers in 2-3 drawers.
Styles come and go, but here are three that we receive many requests for:
- Contemporary-modern cabinets. These are a simple cabinet style and sometimes referred to as the “Shaker style”
- Decorative-ornate. These have additional woodworking and trim pieces, giving the cabinets and kitchen some extra flair.
- Farmhouse style. Also called the “reclaimed look,” these bring a rustic and sometimes stressed style into your kitchen.
No matter the style you want in your cabinets, our skilled team of cabinet makers is ready to design and create them!
In current cabinet styles, we see many requests for:
- Medium-dark brown stains
Currently, three trends we see are the following:
- Glazed finishes on cabinets
- White-washed or distressed finishes
- Farmhouse and rustic style cabinets
Absolutely! We want your kitchen to be yours, so we allow you to have full customization over the following cabinet parts:
- Interior wood choice
- Exterior wood choice
- Door style
- Cabinet colors
Standard kitchen cabinet depth is 24″, but this can be changed depending on your appliances or goals.
Having a custom kitchen adds features, quality, and style that makes your home something worth spending money on when you go to sale.
Many home buyers are looking for kitchens that are not “stock” or “builders-grade” quality.
It is possible, but it is often a lot of work. It also rarely brings back the original sheen or finish of the cabinets.
We put a lot of work and take pride in our hand-crafted Amish-built cabinets, including the following craftsmanship features:
- 3/4″ plywood for the main box frame (industry standard is 1/2″ plywood).
- No staples are used that can come out; only glues and screws.
- We add supports behind each drawer.
- We design and build for long-term stability and quality.
Our goal is that if you want a new kitchen 10-15 years from now, that you can sell your kitchen for a good resale value.
Custom Kitchens & Kitchen Cabinets in Silver Spring, MD
Life’s too short to live every day in frustration because your kitchen is inefficient.
If you own a home in Silver Spring, or if you are building a new home, we know you want a kitchen area that you will love and be proud to host friends and family.
We want to help create your dream kitchen to make your food and hosting dreams come true.
If you’re going to spend so much time in the kitchen making meals for your family & friends, you ought to have a kitchen that is a delight to work in. That’s where we come in – Misty Creek Woodworking is here to help you create your dream kitchen and put the joy back into cooking and hosting in your home!
Old, outdated kitchens can cause a ripple of problems in your life:
- You no longer enjoy preparing and cooking food
- You’re embarrassed to host friends and family
- You settle for TV dinners
And that’s just the beginning.
Outdated kitchens can even put strain on family relationships as you eat less meals together, get frustrated over lack of space, and generally live in a poor frame of mind.
After all, kitchens do act as a “hub” for many families!
At Misty Creek Woodworking we build handcrafted Amish kitchen cabinets and kitchen suites so you can love your space again.
Our Amish woodworkers are literally some of the finest craftsmen in the country. Their handiwork in creating custom cabinets will have you gathering your jaw off the floor.
As a custom kitchen cabinet maker in Silver Spring, MD, we look forward to helping you create the kitchen and home of your dreams!
There are plenty of nearby attractions and activities in Silver Spring, MD. If you live nearby you have a great opportunity to take in all the art and culture that Silver Springs, MD offers. Here are a few “can’t miss” places:
- The Fillmore – an iconic music venue
- AFI Silver Theatre and Cultural Center
- National Museum of Health and Medicine (see the bullet that killed Abraham Lincoln!)
- Downtown Silver Spring
- Sligo Creek Golf Course
- Jesup Blair Park
Silver Spring is just north of Washington D.C. and a part of Montgomery County. With a population of 80,000+ Silver Spring is the fourth most populous place in Maryland.
As you might guess, a city so strategically placed is growing and thriving, and doesn’t lack anything when it comes to business opportunity, and things to do. There are also plenty of work opportunities in the nation’s capital as well as other neighboring cities in Maryland and Virginia.
Dulles International Airport, Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport, and Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport also provide plenty of travel opportunities.
Many people are building new homes or renovating old ones in a growing city like Silver Spring. If you fall in that category, let Misty Creek Woodworking help you craft your dream kitchen!
As The Silver Spring Chamber of Commerce website states: “Both downtown Silver Spring and the Route 29 corridor have become centers of economic development. The downtown area has attracted telecommunications, healthcare, technology and real estate development companies, as well as government contractors, consultants, lawyers, and trade and professional associations.
The Route 29 Corridor, located northeast of downtown Silver Spring, has attracted many large, health and technology-oriented companies. Among the draws: the new U.S. Food and Drug Administration headquarters in that area, which will bring many more people and businesses to the greater Silver Spring region.”
We service all zip codes in Silver Spring, MD with Amish built cabinets including: 20906, 20904, 20901 and other surrounding zip codes in the greater Montgomery County area.